Win a Canon 77D Digital Camera plus 18-135mm STM lens this August.
It’s the perfect kit to kickstart your photography career. It’s a dream for any enthusiast to add to their kit. It’s just what a Vlogger needs to deliver professional content. Yes, Studio22 is giving away one of the latest Canon DSLR’s on the market, the EOS 77D and along with it, the brilliant STM 18-135mm EF-s lens.
About this amazing prize:
Realise your potential as a photographer
Explore new subjects and new ways of shooting. State-of-the-art AF puts critical sharpness exactly where you want it to be, whether you’re using the camera’s optical viewfinder or its high-resolution touchscreen. Continuous shooting at up to 6 fps lets you capture the most fleeting expressions.
A powerful performance
A next-generation APS-C sensor produces photos packed with amazing detail, even in bright highlights and dark shadows. The world’s quickest Live View autofocus system* delivers pin-sharp results, even when shooting fast-moving subjects.
Be creative with movies too
Shoot superb Full HD movies, with dynamic reproduction of motion at 60 fps and cinematic shallow focus effects. Dual Pixel CMOS AF keeps your subjects sharp as you change position, and built-in 5-axis digital stabilisation ensures footage remains steady.
- 24.2 megapixels – Enjoy amazing detail and clarity
- DIGIC 7 – For fast, responsive performance
- 45 AF points – Focus quickly and confidently
- Dual Pixel CMOS AF – Fast for photos; smooth for video
- Full HD video – Great movies, on-line and at home
- 5-axis IS – Reduces camera shake
- Wi-Fi and NFC – Simple remote camera control
- Bluetooth® – Always-on wireless link
How to enter:
Make any online purchase via the Studio22Online website (“Shop”) and share the news via any of your social media channels, your order number will be placed in a lucky draw, it’s that easy. Yip, no matter what you order online will put you “inline” to win this awesome prize to the value of over R15995.00.
Terms & Conditions:
- Competition is valid until 31 August 2017
- Any purchase via the Studio22online website qualifies for 1 entry into the draw.
- There is no limit on entries allowed.
- The prize cannot be exchanged.
- Product sold must be invoiced and supplied to end customer during the competition dates.
- Backorders do not qualify.
- Draw will take place the first week of September in-store by our Canon representative and a Studio22 team member will hand over the prize to the winner.
- The onus is on the prize winner to collect the prize from Studio22.
- Canon SA staff, and participating dealer staff members do not qualify.
Disclaimer: This competition is in no way administered, endorsed or associated with Facebook.
Easy Slip-in mounts: The re-usable solution.
June saw the introduction of our On-The-Go ‘slip-in slip-out’ photo mounts. Ready made and on display in store. It started with a focus on our loyal photography club members and their need for presentation mounts to display entry images for judging. It became evident that the growing number of photographers adopting the IPS (In-Person Sales) sales are finding this as a perfect match to their reveal process. As for the clubs, many clubs are offering a “print” section as a category again, we want to make it as streamlined as possible to pop in, have a print made and slip out with a slip-in mount, ready to exhibit.
Supplied in sets of 3 or individually, with an option of black or white mat board, all are made with a firm backing board and one open end. The open slit allows the print to be slipped in and may need only a small bit of tape to hold it in place during display. (We do offer permanent mounting, this will however need to be booked into our workshop for glue to be adhered and then placed our vacuum press for perfect spotless mounting.)
Slip-in Mounts are available in three standard photographic sizes. Matt cut-out to fit, 8×12″ (200x300mm), 10×15″ (250x375mm) and 12×18″ (300x450mm), each cut-out is slightly smaller than the print size to allow over lapping. This selection will expand to suit the IPS demands.
NOTE: Any image that is cropped outside the standard 2×3 ratio will need a custom mount cut. We will consider adding a selection of square mount options if there is enough demand.
- The importance of light
- Available vs Artificial light
- Benefits of HSS and ETTL
- On camera flash vs off camera flash
- Bouncing a speed-light
- Building a shot (Key light, hair light etc.)
This workshop will end off with a practical shoot to which will highlight the above mentioned.
- Wednesday: 21st June, 2017
- FULLY BOOKED
- Location: Studio22 – 3 Signal Crescent, Unit 2, Montague Gardens.
- Refreshments & Snacks will be avaliable
I was born in Cape Town in 1975 and have lived an exciting and diverse life.
Most of my adult life has been involved in the security field but in 2014 I had a mini midlife crisis and decided to see if I had any photographic talent.
And so started a love affair with photography that is still as passionate today as it was in those first few confusing and exciting months while, admittedly fumbling around a little, I tried to make sense of the wealth of information out there.
I am a father, husband and a lover of life.
Totally self taught I am now a full time freelance photographer, and I couldn’t be happier.
Visit https://jasonchildren.co.za/ fore more info on Jason Children
Tim will be demonstrating creative lighting techniques with diffrent light shapers and engaging with models during shoots. If you are a beginner or intermediate/advanced photographer you will benefit from Tim’s extensive knowledge with regards to creative lighting. Even natural light shooters welcome!
- Basic lighting principles
- Broncolor light shaping tools
- How to use the Broncolor Siros
- Practical fashion beauty shoot
- 13 May 2017
- 9:30am – 1pm
- Limited to 30 people BOOK NOW: RSVP: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Location: Studio22 – 3 Signal Crescent, Unit 2, Montague Gardens.
During this workshop, not only will we have an awesome display of both the Siros L and the FT systems, but we will be offering you a chance to come and test shoot with the gear.
Individual Studio Shoots: 15th & 16th of May 2017
Starting on the 15th May 2017, there will be 4 slots- of 1 hours- per day available, on the 15th & 16th of May 2017. That’s only 8 slots in total, so be sure to book your test without delay! Only one slot per person/crew allowed.
Time slots on Monday & Tuesday: RSVP on the day of the event: 13th of May, 2017
- 10:00am – 11:00am
- 11:30 am – 12:30pm
- 1:00pm – 2:00pm
- 2:30pm – 3:30pm
We’ll provide the studio and setup- back and floor drops, stands, lightshaping gear etc. for you to create your vision. All you need to do is arrive with your own camera and subject. Bring your dog, wife, goldfish, any subject you want and come shoot with the Siros L free of charge! And since broncolor is all about movement, colour, and innovation, we encourage you to get as creative and daring as you like, to really put the lights to the test. Capture anything from nudes to abstract portraits to create the most unique image that really shows off broncolor’s lighting capabilities.