Creative Laser Engraving:
Creative Laser brings you precision laser engraving, marking and cutting. The Studio22 team offers this service directly from the store or via online submissions. We are able to produce complete products from design to manufacture, work from your existing design or engraving on your existing items. For colour printing, on almost anything, visit our UV Printing page. To compliment our creative services from graphic design, photo books, fine art printing and labels & stickers, our high-resolution European laser system is ready to deliver.
Artwork for engraving: requirements
Artwork can be supplied or one of our design team can quote on your requirements. We are able to work from Jpegs, but some addtional artwork might be required. Below is the designers requirements.
* VECTOR FILES: – EPS (Encapsulated Postscript), AI (Adobe Illustrator) text CONVERTED to outlines.
– Corel Draw – CDR – lines drawing with text CONVERTED to curves/paths.
– PDF may be submitted if the artwork was created in vector format, all fonts converted to Curves or outlines before saving to PDF format.
* Some Jpegs – JPEG, PNG’ as long as they are over 300, 450, 600dpi – lower resolution than this usually produces unacceptable results.
* Black and white graphics – No Gray Scale/shading – no shaded colours or shades of grey.
* Artworks / Logos that are entirely in one solid darker colour, e.g. red or blue, may be useable.
FYI – We can import the following formats: DXF & SVG or any other format that can be imported into illustrator. Laser cutting or engraving is a completely different process than printing, therefore, our artwork requirements are completely different.
Rates for 2019:
Minimum Order R250.
Minimum order includes: Set-up plus 20 minutes of engraving and or design.
Additional time for artwork or engraving is billed at R435 per hour or R72.50 per 10 minutes.
We stock a growing range of materials to create complete products, start to finish.
Engraving on Bottles and Glasses.
This includes round items of all types of materials we can engrave up to diameters of 150mm. We can only confirmed once we view the object or test fitment and focus on the rotary engraver.
See some recent projects in the gallery below… View our Custom Photo Books
The list of cutting and engraving products we produce:
- USB engraving and DVD boxes and sleeves, Boxes and packaging, Photo Books, Albums and menus, Clocks, Stencils, Individual letters & numbers, Paper cut artwork & invitations, Product prototyping as well as general engraving and marking.
Materials we can engrave or mark: On a bed size of 420x720mm to a thickness of roughly 180mm.
- Leather, Glass, Perspex, Wood, Paper, Cardboard, Anodised Aluminium.
Materials we can cut: Cutting typically up to 6mm thick.
- Leather, Perspex, Wood, Paper, Cardboard and, yes, many more
Materials we can NOT cut:
- Brass, Silver, Steel, natural aluminium, Copper Gold etc etc.
If you have any questions, please e-mail us
Terms & Conditions: By submitting an order, you agree to the terms and conditions on this website. Due to the nature of the materials used or supplied, there is no guarantee that any material will be able to produce identical results as samples or products on display. Any material supplied is done so at customers risk. Studio22 cannot be held liable for any loss relating directly or indirectly from the work submitted. Material behave is different ways and the results cannot be guaranteed to be identical. Woods and leathers are natural materials and tend to include imperfections, these cannot be controlled and should be considered when planning the product or accepting the substrate selected.
The most popular material is 3mm MDF, we can supply this at R40 per sheet (420x720mm).
For smaller projects, we offer half and 1/4 sheets and half and 1/4 the price.
These materials are not guaranteed to be in stock at all times, please be sure to place your orders in advance as some stock may take up to 8 working days to reach us.
We may also have some stock of the following, however, the wood might not be ideal for many purposes:
1.5mm Birch Plywood at R147 per sheet (420x720mm)
3mm Birch Plywood at R216 per sheet (420x720mm)
4mm Birch Plywood at R105 per sheet (420x720mm)