Creative Laser Engraving:
Creative Laser brings you precision laser engraving, marking and cutting. The Studio22 team offers this service directly from the store or via online submissions. We are able to produce complete products from design to manufacture, work from your existing design or engraving on your existing items.
For colour printing, on almost anything, visit our UV Printing page. To compliment our creative services from graphic design, photo books, and fine art printing, our high-resolution European laser system is ready to deliver. Below is just a glimps of the amazing work Samy does on a daily basis.
Artwork for engraving: requirements
Artwork can be supplied or one of our design team can quote on your requirements. We are able to work from Jpegs, but some additional ‘digitizing’ might be required. Below are the design requirements. If you are not sure, give Samy a call.
* VECTOR FILES: – EPS (Encapsulated Postscript), AI (Adobe Illustrator) text CONVERTED to outlines.
– Corel Draw – CDR – lines drawing with text CONVERTED to curves/paths.
– PDF may be submitted if the artwork was created in vector format, all fonts converted to Curves or outlines before saving to PDF format.
* Some Jpegs – JPEG, PNG’ as long as they are over 300, 450, 600dpi – lower resolution than this usually produces unacceptable results.
* Black and white graphics – No Gray Scale/shading – no shaded colours or shades of grey.
* Artworks / Logos that are entirely in one solid darker colour, e.g. red or blue, may be useable.
FYI – We can import the following formats: DXF & SVG or any other format that can be imported into illustrator. Laser cutting or engraving is a completely different process than printing, therefore, our artwork requirements are completely different.
Rates for 2023:
Minimum Order R250.
Minimum order includes: Set-up plus 20 minutes of engraving and or design.
Additional time for artwork or engraving is billed at R500 per complete hour or R100 per 10 minutes.
Engraving on Bottles and Glasses.
This includes round items of all types, from various materials, we can engrave up to diameters of 150mm. We can however only confirm once we view the object or test fitment and focus on the rotary engraver.
The list of cutting and engraving products we produce:
- USB engraving and DVD boxes and sleeves, Boxes and packaging, Photo Books, Albums and menus, Clocks, Stencils, Individual letters & numbers, Paper cut artwork & invitations, Product prototyping as well as general engraving and marking.
Materials we can engrave or mark: On a bed size of 420x720mm to a thickness of roughly 180mm.
- Leather, Glass, Perspex, Wood, Paper, Cardboard, Anodised Aluminium.
Materials we can cut: Cutting typically up to 6mm thick.
- Leather, Perspex, Wood, Paper, Cardboard and, yes, many more
Materials we can NOT cut:
- Brass, Silver, Steel, natural aluminium, Copper Gold etc etc.
The most popular material is 3mm MDF, we can supply this at R40 per sheet (420x720mm). For smaller projects, we offer half and 1/4 sheets and half and 1/4 the price.
Terms & Conditions:
By submitting an order, you agree to the terms and conditions on this website. Due to the nature of the materials used or supplied, there is no guarantee that any material will be able to produce identical results as samples or products on display. Any material supplied is done so at customers risk. Studio22 cannot be held liable for any loss relating directly or indirectly from the work submitted. Material behave is different ways and the results cannot be guaranteed to be identical. Woods and leathers are natural materials and tend to include imperfections, these cannot be controlled and should be considered when planning the product or accepting the substrate selected.
Materials are not guaranteed to be in stock, please order in advance as it may take up to 8 working days to reach us.