Canon Extender EF 1.4x III
Extending a lenses focal length by a factor of 1.4x, Canon Extender EF 1.4x III incorporates phenomenal optical performance with minimal chromatic aberration and is a perfect complement to many of Canon super telephoto lenses. You can
Focal length extension for super-telephoto lenses
The Extender EF 1.4x III is specially designed to work in conjunction with L-series IS super-telephoto lenses, extending their focal length by a factor of 1.4x. The extender’s design ensures there is no loss of lens performance or image quality.
Improved anti-reflection materials inside the lens-barrel and a coating around the outer edges of the lens elements reduce flare. Construction is resistant to dust and water, helping to maintain images quality.
Improved communication between lens and camera
A built in microprocessor provides accurate transfer of data from between the lens and camera delivering an improved performance in AF and metering.
Compatible with L-Series telephoto and telephoto zoom lenses
The Extender EF 1.4x III is compatible with most telephoto and telephoto zoom lenses within Canon’s flagship professional L-series range, extending the focal length while only reducing the effective aperture of the lens by one stop.
This converter is only compatible with fixed focal length L-series lenses 135mm and over, as well as the EF 70-200/2.8L, EF 70-200/2.8L IS, EF 70-200/4L, and EF 100-400/4.5-5.6L. Additionally, please see the lens and/or camera body manual for full autofocus compatibility information with the Extender EF 1.4X III.
- Carefully positioned lens release mechanism makes it easy to mount the extender quickly, reducing the time the camera and lens are exposed to the environment.
- Integrated processor communicates between camera and lens and ensures all focusing, metering and ID information is available.
- All optical elements use Canon’s Super Spectra coating, reducing ghosting and flare.
- Fluorine Coating on the front and rear elements keeps soiling, smears, and fingerprints to a minimum.
- Sealed to be resistant to both dust and water, allowing photographers to use them in extreme shooting conditions.