The Canon EF35mm 1.4L MKII USM Lens is an L-series prime wide-angle lens a true modern classic: a standard wide-angle lens beloved by reportage photographers for its natural perspective, low-light capability and extraordinary optical performance.
- Prime wide-angle lens is designed for full-frame Canon EOS DSLRs, and can also be used with APS-C-sized sensors where it will provide a 56mm equivalent focal length.
- The Blue Spectrum Refractive Optics element refracts shorter wavelengths of the visible spectrum (blue light) in order to significantly reduce chromatic aberrations and color fringing.
- A pair of aspherical elements and one UD element also help to control aberrations and distortions for sharper, clearer image quality.
- Subwavelength Coating minimizes surface reflections, ghosting, and flare for increased contrast and color fidelity.
- The Ultrasonic Motor offers fast and quiet autofocus performance and also permits full-time manual focus control by simply rotating the focusing ring.
- A minimum focus distance of 11″ with a 0.21x maximum magnification benefits working with close-up subjects.
- Fluorine coatings on the front and rear surfaces help reduce fingerprints and smudging.
- Featuring the L-series designation, this lens is also dust and moisture-resistant for use in trying conditions.
- A nine-blade aperture provides smooth and pleasing out-of-focus areas in selective focus images.
Offers a wide-angle view with a natural perspective
A classic, slightly wide-angle 35mm focal length, loved by documentary photographers for its ability to capture a subject within its environment without distorting perspective.
Superb low-light performance
A large f/1.4 maximum aperture lets in two stops more light than an f/2.8 zoom lens, making this an ideal lens for hand-held photography in low-light conditions.
Shooting at wide apertures allows photographers to limit depth of field. Creating such shallow-focus effects is one way that a subject can be made to stand out against a background, and is particularly effective when combined with the lens’s wide-angle field of view.
Canon EF35mm 1.4L MKII USM Len’s nine-bladed aperture renders out-of-focus areas smoothly and naturally.
Sets new standards in image quality
Blue Spectrum Refractive optics, made from an organic optical material developed by Canon, tackle colour fringing by correcting chromatic aberrations to a degree not previously possible.
Ultra Low-Dispersion (UD) optics and two aspherical lens elements provide incredible sharpness right across the frame – even when the lens is used wide open.
Subwavelength structure coating boosts contrast and guards against flare and ghosting when shooting into the light.
Focuses quickly and discreetly, letting you capture the unexpected
Ring-type USM autofocus establishes accurate focus quickly and in near silence, letting you work without disturbing the scene.
Full-time manual focusing allows focus adjustments without changing focus mode or removing your camera from your eye.
With Canon EF35mm 1.4L MKII USM Lens you keep shooting even in tough conditions
Canon’s legendary L-series build-quality inspires confidence and adds durability. Weather sealing guards against dust and moisture, while a fluorine coating protects the lens’s front and rear element from grease and dirt, and makes it easier to clean.
Blue Spectrum Refractive optics
Canon developed Blue Spectrum Refractive (BR) optics to tackle coloured fringing in large-diameter lenses. This bespoke organic optical material is more effective at correcting such fringing than other technologies, like fluorite, Ultra Low-Dispersion (UD) or Super UD glass. Coloured fringing is caused by chromatic aberration – a phenomenon where light of different colours is focused at different points. Using BR optical material in the EF 35mm f/1.4L II USM minimises this effect. Other elements in the lens can then be optimised to give superb sharpness, contrast and resistance to flare.