Win one of two sets of Semi-final tickets for you and a friend to the Rugby World Cup 2015 in England
This is your chance to score big. Purchase any Canon product & WIN one of two sets of Semi-final tickets for you and a friend to Rugby World Cup 2015 in England.
• Two sets of double tickets to the Rugby World Cup 2015 semi-final taking place on 24 October 2015 at Twickenham Stadium, England,
• Economy class return flights from South Africa to London; and
• 2 nights’ bed and breakfast accommodation in London.
Entering couldn’t be any easier, here’s how:
• Buy a Canon product between 15 July 2015 and 31 August 2015 and hold on to your proof of purchase
• Visit www.canonmarketing.co.za/RWC2015
• Upload a copy of the proof of purchase when completing the online entry form in full
Competition closes at: 23h59 SAST on 31 August 2015
Winner selection to take place on: 7 September 2015
Need a little inspiration? Check out our extensive Canon range online or in-store to take your shot at this once in a lifetime opportunity!
Important points to remember:
• Any Canon product, whether it’s a lens cap or the legendary XF300 Professional Camcorder, purchased between 15 July and 31 August 2015 will qualify
• One entry per invoice is accepted irrespective of the number of Canon products purchased. For example, if you purchased two Canon products on one invoice then you would qualify for one entry only. If you purchased one Canon product today and another tomorrow then you would have two invoices which would entitle you to two entries.
• No purchases made a day before the competition started or a day after it closes will qualify.
Who Can Enter?
All South African citizens who:
(i) are resident in South Africa;
(ii) are aged 18 or over;
(iii) possess a valid South African identity book;
(iv) possess a passport that is valid until at least 31 March 2016 and has at least 4 blank pages; and
(v) are available to travel to the Rugby World Cup in England between 22 – 25 October 2015.
The competition is not open to directors, members, partners, employees, agents or consultants of the Promoter, any person who controls or is controlled by the Promoter, or any supplier of goods or services in connection with the competition, or their respective spouses, life partners, business partners or immediate family members.
- Winner Selection: The draw will take place on 7 September 2015. The winners will be the first two entries selected at random from all qualifying entries.
- Winner Notification: Winners will be emailed and telephoned by the Promoter on 7 September 2015. The results will be made available on the Website from 7 September 2015 to 21 September 2015. The Promoter will attempt to make contact with each winner at least 3 times, but if it is unable to contact any winner by 14 September 2015, such winner will forfeit his/her prize and the Promoter reserves the right to select a new winner through a lucky draw.
- Prizes: The prize described above will be provided by the Promoter to each of the 2 winners, each of whom may nominate an adult guest to accompany him/her. The winners’ guests must meet the requirements set out in 2 and they will be required to sign and return a liability/publicity release, on terms no more onerous than those set out in these rules, prior to travel booking.
The prize does not include any other costs or expenses relating to the prize or the enjoyment of the prize not expressly specified in these rules, including but not limited to food and beverages, travel, baggage costs, transfers, visa, travel insurance, data and roaming charges, subsistence, additional accommodation or other taxes or expenses. Winners and guests are solely responsible for obtaining, at their own cost, all necessary travel documents and visas required for travel.
There is no cash or other alternative to the prizes in whole or in part. Prizes are not transferable and are not permitted to be sold, resold, or offered for sale. The prize cannot be replaced or refunded in the event of loss, theft or missed opportunity.
The paragraph above has important legal consequences for you. In this paragraph:
- various costs, losses, damages, expenses and taxes that are not included in the prize are set out;
- the responsibilities and liability of the Promoter are excluded or limited; and
- winners and guests take on various responsibilities and liability.
By entering the competition, you agree to these limits and exclusions from the prize. You also agree that if you are a winner, then you and your guest will have the responsibilities and liability listed in this paragraph.
The paragraph above also has important legal consequences for your guest. In this paragraph your guest will be required to sign legal documents in which:
- the legal responsibilities and liability of the Promoter will be excluded or limited, including the amounts your guest can claim from the Promoter;
- any rights your guest has against the Promoter will be limited or excluded; and
- your guest will agree to take on the responsibility and liability for certain losses or damages that might happen.
It is your responsibility to make sure your guest understands this paragraph and agrees to sign the documents required by the Promoter.
- Publicity: The winners will participate in all required publicity, including any presentation ceremony. The winners have the right to decline this by notifying the Promoter at email@example.com
- Personal information: By entering the Competition, you consent to the collection, use, storage, disclosure and processing of your personal information by the Promoter for a reasonable period for the purposes of administering the competition, providing the prize and other activities as contemplated in these rules. The types of personal information that the Promoter may collect includes information necessary for its legitimate business interests and the categories of personal information identified in relevant data protection laws in South Africa. This may include your name, identity number, e-mail, physical and postal addresses, contact information, and other information you provide when entering and participating in the competition. The Promoter may also collect and process the same information about your guest (if you are the winner).
The Promoter may use your personal information and that of your guest (if you are the winner):
(i) to update the Promoter’s existing records;
(ii) for the purpose of administering customer relations; and
(iii) to make information available on future competitions or promotions which the Promoter may conduct.
The Promoter may pass personal information relating to prize winners to RWCL and/or ER1015 (and any of their service providers or agents) for the purposes of monitoring the distribution and use of Rugby World Cup tickets and related experiences and, in the event of a suspected breach of any terms and conditions, rules or regulations of RWCL and/or ER2015 relating to the use of such tickets and/or experiences, investigating and taking action against such winners.
- Promoter’s Decision: The decision of the Promoter in all matters is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Responsibility for Promotion: This competition is run by the Promoter with the permission of Rugby World Cup Limited (“RWCL“). Accordingly the Promoter is responsible for the operation of and all matters and concerns relating to the competition, not RWCL or any other persons involved in the staging of Rugby World Cup 2015 (including England Rugby 2015 (“ER2015“)) and World Rugby (formerly the International Rugby Board), all of whom shall not be responsible for or liable to entrants in any way whatsoever in connection with this promotion.
- Cancellation and amendment: The Promoter reserves the right, acting reasonably, to cancel or amend the competition due to events or circumstances arising beyond its control which prevent the Promoter from conducting the competition as intended. You are entitled to withdraw from the competition if you do not agree with any amendments made by the Promoter. As far as the law allows, if the Promoter cancels the competition or amends these rules, you will have no claim against the Promoter.
The paragraph above is important. It:
- limits or excludes the Promoter’s legal responsibilities and liability if there is any cancellation or change of the competition or these rules; and
- limits or excludes any rights or remedies entrants may have against the Promoter.
The Promoter will not be responsible to any entrant if they suffer loss or damages because of any change or because of the cancellation of the competition.
- No warranties and exclusion of liability: As far as the law allows, and subject to 16:
(i) all warranties and representations in relation to the prizes not set out in these rules (whether express, implied or tacit) are hereby excluded;
(ii) the Promoter, its associated companies, and their respective directors, officers, employees and agents will not be liable for any loss or damage, whether direct, indirect, consequential or otherwise, arising from any cause which may be suffered as a result of entering the competition, the provision or use of the prize, or any act or omission of any other person, including but not limited to:
- any cancellations, delays, diversions or substitutions, or any act or omissions whatsoever beyond the Promoter’s reasonable control by the air carriers, hotels, venue operators, transportation companies, third party providers of aspects of the prize or any other persons involved in providing any prize-related goods, services or accommodation;
- missed flights, trains, buses etc. for any reason beyond the Promoter’s reasonable control, the winners’ and/or guests’ failure to book or confirm the same consistent with the Promoter’s reasonable instructions, or any resulting expenses; and
- the winner and/or the guest being denied entry to, or re-entry from, any aircraft or the United Kingdom. In such event, the winner and/or his/her guest will be solely responsible for all additional expenses incurred.
This 12 does not purport to limit or exempt the Promoter for any loss directly or indirectly attributable to its gross negligence or that of any person acting for or controlled by it.
The paragraph above has important consequences for you. In this paragraph:
- the legal responsibilities and liability of the Promoter and other persons are excluded or limited;
- the rights you have against the Promoter are limited or excluded; and
- you take on the responsibility and liability for certain losses or damages or events that might happen.
You enter into the competition and accept and enjoy the prize knowing and accepting that these things can go wrong and that there are risks.
- Rugby World Cup obligations and acknowledgements:
(i) Each winner and his/her guest(s) as applicable agree to comply with the terms and conditions applicable to the issue and use of tickets from time to time (as available and set out at https://tickets.rugbyworldcup.com/staticpages/termsandconditions.aspx or such other webpage as determined by RWCL from time to time) and all applicable RWCL, ER2015 and venue owner or operator rules and regulations relating to access to Rugby World Cup venues and any other areas associated with Rugby World Cup (including any terms of accreditation determined by RWCL). Further each winner and his/her guest(s) acknowledge that he/she may be required to enter into a direct acknowledgement and/or agreement with RWCL and/or ER2015 concerning use of the tickets and compliance with ticket terms and conditions prior to receiving the prize.
(ii) Winners and guests shall not, while using any Rugby World Cup tickets, display or publicize any political slogans or homophobic language, images of a lewd or explicitly sexual nature, images containing logos of competitors and overt brand sponsorship or anything else deemed to be ambush marketing or an abuse of the Rugby World Cup, content which is defamatory, obscene, illegal, vulgar, offensive or otherwise unsuitable or infringes others’ rights (including intellectual property rights) or reflects negatively upon any of RWCL or the Rugby World Cup. Each entrant agrees and acknowledges that any breach of this rule will cause significant damage and loss to RWCL.
The statements made in the paragraph above constitute acknowledgements of fact by you. You must read these statements carefully and ensure they are correct, as you will not be able to deny the truth of the statements. The Promoter and/or other persons may have claims and other rights against you as a result of these statements.
- Law and jurisdiction: These rules shall be governed by the laws of South Africa. The participant consents to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the High Court (Gauteng Local Division, Johannesburg) in respect of all matters arising out of or in connection with the competition or these rules.
- Severability: If any provision of these rules is found to be invalid or unenforceable by any court of competent jurisdiction, then that provision shall be severed from these rules and shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any remaining provisions.
- Consumer Protection Act: It is not intended that any provision of these rules contravenes any provision of the Consumer Protection Act, 68 of 2008, and therefore all provisions of these rules must be treated as being qualified, if necessary, to ensure that the provisions of the Consumer Protection Act are complied with.
- Availability of these rules: A copy of these rules may be obtained by contacting the Promoter at firstname.lastname@example.org These rules are also available on the Website.